Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I am now DUN!


I signed up for Sprints DUN (Dial Up Networking) plan for my 700p today in anticipation of the Foleo. $39.99/month but it includes all you can eat data connection. I have been paying $10/month for all you can eat for the Treo till today and $30 extra feels like quite a bit of cash! I wonder how much of a barrier to purchase the cost of DUN plans will be for prospective Foleo users…

I have tested the 700p in DUN mode with my IBM X31 Laptop and I am impressed. Much faster than browsing on the 700p when connected with the sync cable. I do not have Bluetooth on the Laptop so can not compare to see if this will slow things down at all. Anyone have experience with this to say if it will be much slower? If it is I can see myself connecting 700p to Foleo with sync cable (if it can) to get the extra speed. Not sounding so elegant, but hey this is ALL still just guess work at this time.

PDANet - How did that picture get there?

No comments: